Any approach to investment management begins with a philosophy. The following guiding principles are important to our team as well as the external managers with whom we partner.
- Teams markedly outperform individuals through time, which is why collaboration is so imperative.
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for the work, and the need to dig deep for answers—that approach is part of each team member's DNA.
- We seek always that balance between patient investing and a sense of urgency.
- Price matters; we thus are value investors.
- We are not overconfident about investing or driven by concern over missing an opportunity; instead, we follow a sound, disciplined process.